Do you really need a website for my law firm or title company?

Let’s say you’ve been a practicing attorney or title agent for 30 years, get solid referrals, and are fairly busy, so you might think you don’t need an online presence.

But like Nancy, you might be wrong…

One thing to keep in mind is that Millennials and Generations X and Y will still Google your company name, and look up your profile on social media after they are referred to you.

What they are looking for is a strong online presence and for positive reviews so they know that they are not the first ones to use your services.

Nobody wants to be the Guinea Pig!

“Remember that even referrals Google your company…”

When it is put that way, how much referral business do you think you are losing due to your online presence, or lack thereof?

The internet is your front door, a customer resource, and a meeting place for critics, all rolled into one.

You need to be a part of the action to meet customer need and shape the narrative about your business.

Here are seven reasons your title company or law firm might need a website:

1) Your prospects are still Googling you.

As previously mentioned, even with a referral, people are still getting online to research businesses. According to Forbes, 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business.

A whopping 65% see online search as their most trusted source of information about a company. That’s more than they trust any other source, including referrals from a friend.

2) A quality, mobile-friendly, secure website is now standard.

It used to be that only businesses with big marketing budgets or computer nerd owners had websites.

Those days are long gone. Now, customers expect an informative site that’s well written and easy to navigate.

Since most people search on their phones instead of via computer, your site must work on all devices, too. This is called mobile-friendly, and no longer a nice-to-have – it’s the bare minimum.

Any company that doesn’t have a quality website might not look reputable to many.

3) No online reputation is worse than a bad one.

If your business doesn’t exist online, it’s kind of like it doesn’t exist at all. More and more, consumers base their decisions on information they find on the web.

Consider this: Fan & Fuel’s research about online reviews showed that a lack of reviews wasn’t a big deal for 8% of people. But for the other 92%? It was a huge deal:

    • 35% are less likely to buy
    • 32% hold off on making a buying decision until they do more research
    • 23% will have trouble making a buying decision
    • 2% won’t buy the product or service

4) You control your story.

Your website is the one place on the web where you tell your story. You direct the narrative. Sure, other sites may mention you or feature positive reviews.

But wouldn’t you rather control the narrative instead of counting on colleagues and clients to tell the story you hope they’ll tell?

Likewise, many business owners think by not having a Facebook page or Google profile that people cannot leave them bad reviews. This is far from the truth!

In fact, your business information is automatically shared with these corporations so that your profile will get created automatically.

In short, you already have a public profile, even if you don’t realize it. You’d might as well claim it so that you can control what is said about you!

5) People are looking for solutions, not your business.

Prospects are looking for information to address the problem they’re facing, not for your business.

Buying is simply a byproduct of finding the information they were looking for.

“Buying is simply a byproduct of finding the information you are looking for.”

Even Amazon has to provide info – product name, images, and description – before making a sale.

Having a website for your law firm or title company gives you the platform to speak to consumers’ needs, offering solutions to the problems they’re facing. Provide good info, and you’ve already built a level of trust with the prospect.

If you don’t have a website, you are missing out on another way to create relationships.

6) It helps people find you.

Similar to above, a well-written website will get the attention of Google. If you continually update and add new content, even better.

Search engine optimization (SEO) can be like playing a game where the rules are always changing and the game never ends.

But if you don’t have a website, you aren’t even on the field.

7) Your competition has a website.

Need we say more?

A simple but high-quality website will pay for itself many times over. Spend the time and money to do it right and maintain it carefully. It’s worth it.

To learn how you can get a new website the easy way, take a tour or schedule a demo today!